This is the Windows app named illness index whose latest release can be downloaded as illness_index_2020_11.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named illness index with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A computer scientist has attempted to program a textbook of British general practice (primary care) medicine, that is, Hodgkin K (1978) "Towards Earlier Diagnosis....", 4th Edition, Churchill Livingstone.
If a patient types presenting findings (such as headache, cough), the program prompts the user for expansion/denial of appropriate findings, in order to construct a list of patient findings. The program also calculates a list of likely diseases, which the user can use the web to find out more about.
The program has about 600 diseases and 1000 findings.
Keywords - disease, health, healthcare, illnesses, illnessindex, illness_index.
- Patient mode - the user chooses findings - symptoms/signs - and the computer prompts for other appropriate findings and then provides a list of possible diseases.
- Student mode - the program constructs a "paper patient", and the user chooses questions to ask the computer and then suggests a list of possible diseases. The computer comments.
- Demonstration mode - the computer carries out both tasks (1) and (2), so that the user can simply watch the work up.
- Future work. More diseases need adding. The file med.pl needs reviewing or rewriting by a medical doctor. The program needs a much better user interface.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/illnessindex/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.