This is the Windows app named InstaChat whose latest release can be downloaded as InstaChat.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named InstaChat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Remember those Hacker movies chat applications?
Yes, those with the green chars that appeared one by one on the screen, in real time, as the remote user typed them.
That's what InstaChat aims for, a retro, multiplatform*, ncurses based real time chat, in which each key you press is directly sent through the network to the peer you are talking to.
Checkout the Blog(Developers News) for NEWS!
*Only tested on windows, but the only used libraries are ncurses and boost for socket and thread support so it should compile fine wherever these libraries run.
- Boost Libraries
- Curses Library
- Git Repository
- Real Time
Education, Advanced End Users, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/instachat/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.