This is the Windows app named Install Dir Changer whose latest release can be downloaded as InstallDirChanger1_4_0_0.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Install Dir Changer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Install Dir Changer
Install Dir Changer is a small program which empowers you to change the default installation folder on your Windows machine.
This application runs out of the box. No installation or setup required.
You can discard the software after usage.
I developed this application because I always had to change the installation destination in installer wizards myself.
Fork this on github
What this application does
- Change the path, that will be used to install new applications (will be displayed at installers from iTunes or Gimp for example)
What this application does not:
- Move already installed applications. (Those applications won't be touched)
Please vote for InstallDirChanger on SourceForge and provide honest critic
- Change default installation folder
- Easy to use
- No installation required
System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/install-dir-changer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.