This is the Windows app named Investor Tools whose latest release can be downloaded as EDGARFilterV9.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Investor Tools with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A proven strategy for investing success is to monitor insider buying, particularly by the CEO. Another strategy is to only buy dividend paying stocks. This eliminates the need to buy and sell to generate a cash flow. Also, dividend paying stocks are less risky. It's difficult to cheat someone while putting money in their pocket.
To implement this strategy, two tools have been developed which run as Firefox addons. SEDI filter for scraping data from the SEDI.ca website and EDGAR filter for scraping data from the SEC.gov website. In both cases, all insider trading from the previous week is downloaded and all instances of net
insider buying are extracted. Watch lists are then used to separate out the dividend paying companies. The dividend yields are looked up and sorted and the final results are stored in the Firefox download folder.
A third tool, SEDAR reader is used to download the latest news releases from the SEDAR website for Canadian dividend paying companies.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/investortools/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.