This is the Windows app named ISC - The ISAAC Stream Cipher whose latest release can be downloaded as isc-1.0.1-exe.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ISC - The ISAAC Stream Cipher with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ISC - The ISAAC Stream Cipher
ISAAC is a cryptographically secure pseudo-random number generator (CSPRNG) and stream cipher. It was developed by Bob Jenkins from 1993-1996 and placed in the Public Domain. ISAAC is fast - especially when optimised - and portable to most architectures in nearly all programming and scripting languages.
After more than 20 years of existence ISAAC has not been broken, and the little program you have here allows you to use it to encrypt and decrypt text of arbitrary length, files of any type, on a key-phrase of any complexity.
ISC is a symmetric key encryption system, which means that both the sender and recipient of a message must possess the key.
- Encrypt and decrypt files of any type
- Encrypt and decrypt messages of arbitrary length
- Size of ciphered files limited only by your system resources (up to 4GB per file)
- Highest security built on Bob Jenkins' unbroken ISAAC CSPRNG
- Tiny footprint - with pipeable / redirectable output
- Package includes Linux and Windows executables, along with the full source code.
- Easily called from any other language or script (php, bash, perl, c etc)
- Cross-platform: Supports all 32-bit+ architectures for which there is a Free Pascal compiler.
Advanced End Users, Other Audience, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/isctheisaacstreamcipher/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.