This is the Windows app named JasperStarter whose latest release can be downloaded as jasperstarter-3.5.0-bin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JasperStarter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
JasperStarter is a command line launcher and batch compiler for JasperReports.
- Java8 compatible (a special version supporting Java7 is available)
- Run any JasperReport that needs a jdbc, CSV, XML or empty datasource
- Use with any database for which a jdbc driver is available
- Execute reports that need runtime parameters and optionally prompt for them
- Print directly to system default or given printer
- Optionally show printer dialog to choose printer
- Export to file
- Export multiple formats in one commanding call
- Support for Metadata Export
- Compile, print and export in one commanding call
- Integrate in non Java applications (for example PHP, Python)
- A recent version of JasperReports is already included
- Binary executable on Windows
- new public API for direct access f.e. through python (example available)
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers
Java Swing, Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperstarter/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.