This is the Windows app named JBioFramework whose latest release can be downloaded as JBioFramework.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JBioFramework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
JBioFramework (JBF) is a set of two different chemical separations simulations (2D Electrophoresis and Mass Spectrometry) that are frequently used in chemistry, biochemistry and proteomics research. It is written in the Java programming language and will run on any and all systems that have the JVM installed.
As we continue to develop the software over the coming months/years and attempt to quantify the success of our efforts with testing and reviews, user input is very important. Please don't hesitate to review the software below or email Paul Craig [[email protected]] with larger descriptions/bugs/feature ideas.
Our next scheduled release will contain (in addition to 2DE and MassSpec) a 1D Electrophoresis simulation as well as a tab containing ChemAxon's MarvinSketch [http://www.chemaxon.com/products/marvin/] along with some improved functionality. It should be out shortly as we complete the creation and modification of a permanent domain for the project.
- 2D Electrophoresis Simulation complete with protein-specific database searches
- Integrated and modular Mass Spectrometer simulation.
Healthcare Industry, Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jbf/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.