This is the Windows app named JQM Java Quine McCluskey whose latest release can be downloaded as JQM-QuineMcCluskey.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JQM Java Quine McCluskey with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
JQM Java Quine McCluskey
Java Quine McCluskey implements the Quine McCluskey algorithm with Petrick’s Method (or the method of prime implicants) for minimization of Boolean functions. This software can be used both for learning and solving real problems. As learning/teaching tool it presents not only the results, but also how the problem was solved as well as how to use Karnaugh Maps to solve the problem.
Up to sixteen functions of sixteen variables can be minimized. A graphical interface is provided for entering and editing the truth table that can be saved and loaded. The results can be exported in HTML format. It generates the Karnaugh Map for educational purpose and the actual truth table from the obtained expressions even when multiple solutions for each function are found.
This implementation supports PLC programming, so results can be presented in many forms including Structured Text (ST) and Ladder Diagram (LD) along conventional Boolean expression.
- Up to 16 input variables.
- Up to 16 functions (output variables).
- Petrick’s Method used to find solutions covered by non-essential prime implicant.
- Comfortable graphical interface allows variable renaming and column reorder.
- Truth table can be saved in CSV file for external editing or reuse. Then it can be loaded again. Also, one can generate the truth table using other software and “import” (open) for edition and minimization.
- Besides using the graphical interface, truth table can be written in a text file then load in the software. Several formats are available including: list decimal representing implicants and don’t care, Karnaugh Map and CSV with wildcards.
- Results can be expressed in several formats like: conventional Boolean expression, LaTeX, Structured Text (ST) and Ladder Diagram (LD).
- Results can be exported to HTML file and open in an internet browser.
- Because this software aims PLC programming, solutions are independent (non-simultaneous). It would not be too difficult to modify the algorithm to support simultaneous solution.
- Generates Karnaugh Maps in HTML and LaTeX. Great if you are learning or teaching K Maps.
- Not only solves the problem, but also shows how the solution was obtained.
- To use the software just download the zip file, unzip it and double click on "JQM-QuineMcCluskey.jar". Please see ReadMe.txt (or LeiaMe.txt if you prefer Portuguese) for more details and examples.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jqm-java-quine-mccluskey/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.