This is the Windows app named JTrac whose latest release can be downloaded as jtrac-2.2.0-b3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JTrac with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
JTrac is a generic issue-tracking web-application that can be easily customized by adding custom fields and drop-downs. Features include customizable workflow, field level permissions, e-mail integration, file attachments and a detailed history view.
While the last release happened a long time ago, work has resumed in 2021 to bring JTrac back to life. If you find bugs, have patches or questions, open a ticket and get the ball rolling. See https://sourceforge.net/p/j-trac/wiki/NewFeaturesTrunk/ for what's new, and grab the beta version if you want to give it a try at https://sourceforge.net/projects/j-trac/files/jtrac
Information Technology, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Quality Engineers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/j-trac/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.