This is the Windows app named KinectTheremin to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as MyTheremin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named KinectTheremin to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
KinectTheremin to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:My Theremin for 2 Persons Using Kinect
Invented by the Russian professor Leon Theremin, the original theremin was one of the first electronic instruments. I always wanted to have an instrument that you can play with your whole body. The idea was to create a digital apparatus that can be influenced by the movements of 2 or more persons, interacting with each other through musical 'sentences'.The kinect is the ideal system to realize such an idea. It is programmed in C# using the Microsoft Kinect SDK. The system consists of two parts, one that translates the positions of the hands into musical values and one that sends out midi signals separated by different channels (midi channels 1 - 4, in this case). The signals were routed by an internal midi-router like LoopBe and sent to any softsynth. If you put your arm against the side of your body, the music stops. The more you lift your arm, the higher the tone. If you leave your arm in that position, the tone stays on.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kinecttheremin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.