This is the Windows app named LaTeX to RTF converter whose latest release can be downloaded as latex2rtf-2.3.17.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named LaTeX to RTF converter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
LaTeX to RTF converter
DESCRIPTIONLatex2rtf tries to convert your LaTeX file into a RTF file for opening in Microsoft Word. The general idea is to try and get the things that computers are good at correct: character conversion, graphic conversion, etc. Page layout suffers because control in RTF is pretty pathetic compared to TeX. Consequently, it is likely that manual reformatting will be needed.
Translation of bibliographies is pretty good and a wide range of styles are handled, but you must typeset your LaTeX file to create the needed .aux and .bbl files first.
Translation of equations used to be excellent: it used to be possible to double-click equations in Word and then edit with MathType. Unfortunately, this conversion in Word has gotten progressively worse over the years (I changed nothing!). Unfortunately, the only solution is to converting to MTEF objects, which is a major rewrite (but would make OpenOffice users much happier.) Volunteers welcome!
- Converts most input encodings to unicode
- Handles many bibliographic formats
- Inserts cross references
- Translates TeX equations to Word field equations
- Converts graphics and inserts into RTF file
- Babel language support
- Tabular and table conversion
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/latex2rtf/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.