This is the Windows app named Learn Go with Tests whose latest release can be downloaded as PerhapsthereturnofPDF.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Learn Go with Tests with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Learn Go with Tests
Katas are fun but they are usually limited in their scope for learning a language; you're unlikely to use goroutines to solve a kata. Another problem is when you have varying levels of enthusiasm. Some people just learn way more of the language than others and when demonstrating what they have done end up confusing people with features the others are not familiar with. This ends up making the learning feel quite unstructured and ad hoc. By far the most effective way was by slowly introducing the fundamentals of the language by reading through go by example, exploring them with examples and discussing them as a group. This was a more interactive approach than "read chapter x for homework". Over time the team gained a solid foundation of the grammar of the language so we could then start to build systems. This is for people who are interested in picking up Go and/or people who already know some Go, but want to explore testing more.
- Explore the Go language by writing tests
- Get a grounding with TDD
- Go is a good language for learning TDD because it is a simple language to learn and testing is built-in
- Be confident that you'll be able to start writing robust, well-tested systems in Go
- Solve some Go problems and challenges
- Explore concepts and then solidify the ideas with tests
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/learn-go-with-tests.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.