This is the Windows app named Linear Program Solver whose latest release can be downloaded as LiPS-1.11.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Linear Program Solver with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Linear Program Solver
Linear Program Solver (LiPS) is an optimization package oriented on solving linear, integer and goal programming problems.
The main features of LiPS are:
● LiPS is based on the efficient implementation of the modified simplex method that solves large scale problems.
● LiPS provides not just an answer, but a detailed solution process as a sequence of simplex tables, so you can use it for studying/teaching linear programming.
● LiPS gives sensitivity analysis procedures, which allow us to study the behaviour of the model when you change its parameters, including: analysis of changes in the right sides of constraints, analysis of changes in the coefficients of the objective function, analysis of changes in the column/row of the technology matrix. Such information may be extremely useful for the practical application of LP Models.
● LiPS provides methods of goal programming, including lexicographic and weighted GP methods, which are oriented on multi-objective optimisation.
- Linear and Integer programming solver
- Sensitivity analysis
- Goal programming (experimental)
- Easy to use graphical interface (GUI)
Education, End Users/Desktop, Information Technology, Science/Research
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lipside/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.