This is the Windows app named Marcion whose latest release can be downloaded as marcion-1.8.3-2-src+data.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Marcion with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Marcion is a software forming a study environment of ancient languages (esp. Coptic, Greek, Latin) and providing many tools and resources (dictionaties, grammars, texts). Although Marcion is focused on to study the gnosticism and early christianity, it is an universal library working with various file formats and allowing to collect, organize and backup texts of any kind.
Overview of gnostic sources in Coptic language delivered with Marcion: Nag Hammadi Library; Berlin Codex; Codex Tchacos (Gospel of Judas); Askew Codex (Pistis Sophia); Bruce Codex (Books of Jeu)
Overview of sources of early christianity in Coptic, Greek and Latin languages: Septuagint (LXX); Greek New Testament; Coptic New Testament (Sahidic, Bohairic); Latin Vulgate
- Coptic, Greek and Latin dictionaries
- numeric converter between various ancient numeral systems
- interlinear translator of Coptic texts
- reader of Djvu, Pdf, Html and others formats
- simultanneous reader
- custom library management system
- to downloading and incorporating files and entire webs into library
- to searching and indexing through custom systems
- to searching and indexing through swish-e
- and more ...
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.