This is the Windows app named MatCont whose latest release can be downloaded as MatCont7p3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MatCont with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MatCont is a Matlab software project for the numerical continuation and bifurcation study of continuous and discrete parameterized dynamical systems. Leaders of the project are Willy Govaerts (Gent,B) and Yuri A. Kuznetsov (Utrecht,NL) and Hil G.E. Meijer (UT, Enschede, NL).
Matcont for ODE's and MatcontM for Maps
Publish a paper using our software? That's great. Please do us a favour and cite:
New features of the software MatCont for bifurcation analysis of dynamical systems. A. Dhooge, and W. Govaerts, Yu.A. Kuznetsov, H.G.E. Meijer and B. Sautois, MCMDS 2008, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp 147-175
In case you're stuck, use the forum, but to get a good answer
1. What command do you give when this appears? Provide the exact steps (not all code, a simple example will suffice).
2. Indicate whether you use the GUI or CL version. Also Matlab-version and Operating System may help.
3. We hope you followed the tutorial(s)?
- Bifurcation Analysis
- Numerical Continuation
- Vector Fields and Maps
- Normal Forms
- Periodic and Homoclinic Orbits
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/matcont/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.