This is the Windows app named MaxFEM whose latest release can be downloaded as Redirect_to_MaxFEM_website.html. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MaxFEM with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MaxFem is an open software package for electromagnetic simulation by using finite element methods. The package can solve problems in electrostatics, direct current, magnetostatics and eddy-currents.
Since version 0.4.0, MaxFEM requires Python 3.
We have moved the installers to the MaxFEM website (see below). In order to improve MaxFEM, we will require you to fill out a simple form before downloading them.
- 1. Numerical simulation of electromagnetic problems.
- 2. Easy introduction of the data required for the simulation.
- 3. Materials Database integrated in the application.
- 4. Import standard mesh formats (UNV).
- 5. Solvers fully integrated in the application.
- 6. Wide variety of visualization options.
- 8. Applications fields: industry, research and innovation departaments.
Aerospace, Science/Research, Education, Quality Engineers, Engineering, Automotive
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/maxfem/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.