This is the Windows app named MCPerm: Monte Carlo SNP permutation to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as MCPerm_1.1.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MCPerm: Monte Carlo SNP permutation to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MCPerm: Monte Carlo SNP permutation to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTIONMCPerm: A Monte Carlo permutation method for multiple test correlation in case-control association study
Traditional permutation (TradPerm) test is an important non-parametric analysis method which can be treated as the gold standard for multiple testing corrections in case-control association study. However, it relies on the original single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotypes and phenotypes data to perform a large number of random shuffles, and thus it is computationally intensive, especially for genome-wide association study (GWAS). To improve the calculation speed without changing the size of the TradPerm p-value, we developed a Monte Carlo permutation (MCPerm) method as an efficient alternative to TradPerm.
Methods: MCPerm does not need to shuffle the original genotypes and phenotypes data. It uses Monte Carlo method, employs two-step hypergeometric distribution to generate the random number of genotypes (AA, Aa and aa) in cases and controls.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcperm/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.