This is the Windows app named micro whose latest release can be downloaded as 2.0.10.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named micro with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Micro's number one feature is being easy to install (it's just a static binary with no dependencies) and easy to use. Use a simple json format to configure your options and rebind keys to your liking. If you need more power, you can use Lua to configure the editor further. Micro supports over 75 languages and has 7 default colorschemes to choose from. Micro supports 16, 256, and truecolor themes. Syntax files and colorschemes are also very simple to make. Micro has support for Sublime-style multiple cursors, giving you lots of editing power directly in your terminal. Micro supports a full-blown plugin system. Plugins are written in Lua and there is a plugin manager to automatically download and install your plugins for you. Micro's keybindings are what you would expect from a simple-to-use editor. You can also rebind any of the bindings without problem in the bindings.json file. Micro has full support for the mouse.
- Easy to use and highly customizable
- Colors and highlighting features
- Provides multiple cursors
- Plugin system and common keybindings
- Mouse support, click and drag options
- Run a real interactive shell from within micro
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/micro.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.