This is the Windows app named MinForth whose latest release can be downloaded as MF348_Windows_211105.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MinForth with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MinForth V3.4 is a classic Forth system with command-line interface. Development resource requirements are minimal. A source text editor and a C compiler are sufficient. By design no toolchain is required to adapt or rebuild MinForth. A complete rebuild takes only few seconds. Current sources are for Windows and Linux (32-bit or 64-bit).
MinForth primitive definitions are written in mixed Forth and C language and are transpiled to pure C code. Main but not exclusive application for the transpiler is to build the MinForth V3.4 high-level Forth compiler.
MinForth V3.4 is widely conformant to the Forth-2012 draft standard and passes the usual test suites. Feedback and bug reports are welcome per
- Usenet forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.lang.forth
- email to email@example.com
- Forth-to-C transpiler
- ISO/ANS Forth compiler
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/minforth/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.