This is the Windows app named mp3guessenc whose latest release can be downloaded as mp3guessenc-0.27.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named mp3guessenc with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
mp3guessenc is based upon the original project by Naoki Shibata. This command line utility was born to detect the encoder used for a mpeg layer III file but now it can do more and scan any mpeg audio file (any layer) and print a LOT of useful information. Latest modifications include fixes, new features and code optimizations.
- scan mpeg 1/2/2.5 streams, layer I/II/III
- guess encoder used (lame/gogo/xing/helix/fhg(new, old and ancient)/blade)
- detect also mp3pro and mp3surround streams (even with OFL)
- support for large files (up to 2^60 bytes!)
- free format streams supported
- full statistics for the stream (audio mode, frame histogram, block usage, ancillary data)
- crc16 verification
- vbr tags by xing/lame + VBRI tag by fhg
- detection of ID3 v1/v2 + APE tags + Lyrics3 tags + MusicMatch tag
- verify integrity of lame tag
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3guessenc/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.