This is the Windows app named MuffinEC to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as muffinec-2.0b.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MuffinEC to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
MuffinEC to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTIONMuffinEC is an error correction software capable of handling all types of errors (insertion deletions, mismatches and unknown bases). It officially supports four technologies (Illumina, 454, ion Torrent and PacBio - experimental) and it also has a generic setup for others (old and/or new). It is released under LGPL version 3.0. MuffinEC can use multicore systems, thanks to its OpenMP implementation.
We are developing the 2nd version of MuffinEC. The beta version is already available online. The changes are listed in the VERSION_HISTORY file. Please report any problem you may encounter at the email address specified in the README file. We really appreciate your help.
- Handles insertions, deletions, mismatches, unknown bases
- Supports Illumina, 454, Ion Torrent and PacBio (experimental)
- Generic param for other technologies
- Low memory consumption
Information Technology, Healthcare Industry, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/muffinec/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.