This is the Windows app named MVSE whose latest release can be downloaded as MVSE_v1.01r.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MVSE with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Understanding how climate dictates the timing and potential of mosquito-borne viral transmission is essential for preparedness of public health systems and design of control strategies. We developed the Mosquito-borne Viral Suitability Estimator (MVSE) software package for the R programming environment. The package estimates a suitability index based on a climate-driven mathematical expression for the basic reproductive number (R0). By accounting for local climatic variables, as well as viral, vector and human priors, suitability can be estimated for specific regions, hosts, vectors and viral species.
MVSE v0.3 and v1.01r are available for download in this repo.
UPDATE Oct/2021: note that a correction has been made to the documentation of v1.01r. The most recent version is the file "MVSE_v1.01r_corrections_to_documentation.zip". No changes have been made to the code itself.
Article for original v0.3: https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/2041-210X.132
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mvse/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.