This is the Windows app named ns-2 Trace Toolkit to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as ns2TraceToolkit-v3.5.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ns-2 Trace Toolkit to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ns-2 Trace Toolkit to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:ns-2 Trace Toolkit was developed to help users to manage and debug ns-2 trace files. It is particularly useful for users that generate ns-2 trace files with other tools such as VanetMobiSim or SUMO (Simulation of Urban Mobility).
With ns-2 Trace Toolkit, users can debug their trace files by generating histograms for: (1) node speed, (2) node x-position, and (3) node y-position. These histograms can give hits about
concentration of nodes.
Additionally, the tool allows users to simulate the movement of the nodes, in different modes: step-by-step and continue motion. During the simulation, the information of each node (speed and position) is shown.
Finally, basic manipulation of trace files are also available in the tool. For example, users can generate a new trace file that contains the movements of a selection of nodes, or shift the positions of nodes toward the origin.
- You can load ns-2 trace files generated with traffic generation tools, e.g., SUMO and VanetMobiSim
- Analyze ns-2 trace files and generate statistic charts and other information (e.g., speed, x-axis, y-axis histograms)
- Generate sub-trace files from trace files.
- Take a look of a simulation of the trace where you can see the nodes with their IDs, the current positions and speeds. Also you can control the simulation with play/stop, step-by-step option and accelerate/desaccelerate the speed of simulation.
Science/Research, Developers, Other Audience, Engineering
Java SWT, Java AWT
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ns2tracetoolkit/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.