This is the Windows app named Octave Forge whose latest release can be downloaded as optim-1.5.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Octave Forge with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Octave Forge is a central location for collaborative development of packages for GNU Octave. The Octave Forge packages expand Octave's core functionality by providing field specific features via Octave's package system. See https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php for a list of all available packages.
GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations. It provides capabilities for the numerical solution of linear and nonlinear problems, and for performing other numerical experiments. It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data visualization and manipulation. Octave is normally used through its interactive command line interface, but it can also be used to write non-interactive programs. The Octave language is quite similar to Matlab so that most programs are easily portable. Refer to https://www.octave.org for more information.
- image processing
- signal processing
- fuzzy logic
- parallel computing
- instrument control
- interval arithmetic
- symbolic computation
- more than 60 individual packages ...
Science/Research, Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Engineering
MATLAB, C++, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.