This is the Windows app named Office Search whose latest release can be downloaded as OfficeSearch2.40.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Office Search with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Search inside Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), LibreOffice (Writer, Calc, Impress), Visio and text/ASCII files (RTF/TXT/CSV/MD/HTML etc.).
For all other files it will use fuzzy logic to check if file is text or binary. If text, it will search contents of the file for a match.
Works on Windows 7 or above. Requires .NET framework 4.7 or above.
Open source software developed in VB.NET 2019.
- Search inside Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
- Search inside text/ASCII files (RTF/TXT/CSV/MD etc.)
- Open files directly from the application
- File pattern for searching inside specific file types
- Search recursively
- Search using ANY or ALL condition
- Displays list of files searched and result can be filtered on status
- Unicode support for non English characters search
- Searches all word forms (e.g. catch will match caught if this option is chosen)
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows)
Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/office-search/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.