This is the Windows app named PAS2PHP whose latest release can be downloaded as pas2php0.9.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PAS2PHP with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PAS2PHP will translate a large subset of Object Pascal to PHP, allowing you to write web applications using Lazarus/FreePascal, and then run the application on a standard HTML/PHP server.
Over the last week, a lot of work has gone into PAS2PHP. Most of the major issues are resolved. There are still a number of incompatibilities which are either not fixable, or have simple workarounds. As of v0.5, you should be able to write entire PHP applications in Pascal. The key to coding for PAS2PHP is to understand the limitations of PHP. Read the example code provided, and always check the outputed PHP code to understand how this works.
As a guide to what PAS2PHP can achieve... my web site is written in Pascal, and then converted to PHP. (The code is in the source package). PAS2PHP uses the Pascal Parse Tree Classes (PasTree) which comes with FreePascal, and therefore the parsing limits are defined by this library.
- PHP from Pascal Source
Pascal, PHP, Free Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pas2php/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.