This is the Windows app named Picobat (formerly Dos9) whose latest release can be downloaded as dos9-218.3-src.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Picobat (formerly Dos9) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Picobat (formerly Dos9)
This repository is not updated anymore. The project name has changed to Picobat and is now hosted at https://github.com/darkbatcher/picobat
Dos9 is a free, cross-platform, command prompt directly inspired from cmd.exe, the windows command prompt. Dos9 aims to be as compatible as possible with cmd.exe, but it also aims to eases batch by providing a large set of commands.
- Full support of IF and FOR command
- Excellent compatibility with cmd.exe
- Direct execution with pre-parsing (the script is loaded once)
- Support of GOTO, and CALL command
- Delayed expansion supported
- Conditional operators, stream and pipe supported
- Improved support for i18n
- Numerous extensions
System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dos9/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.