This is the Windows app named PingMe whose latest release can be downloaded as pingme_Windows_armv6.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PingMe with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PingMe is a personal project to satisfy my needs of having alerts, most major platforms have integration to send alerts but its not always useful, either you are stuck with one particular platform, or you have to do alot of integrations. I needed a small app which i can just call from my backup scripts, cron jobs, CI/CD pipelines or from anywhere to send a message with particular information. And i can ship it everywhere with ease. Hence, the birth of PingMe.
Everything is configurable via environment variables, and you can simply export the logs or messages to a variable which will be sent as message, and most of all this serves as a swiss army knife sort of tool which supports multiple platforms.
System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Quality Engineers, Testers, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pingme-cli/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.