This is the Windows app named Pix whose latest release can be downloaded as master.lmde4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pix with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Pix is an image management application with image viewing, browsing, organizing and editing capabilities. It is part of the X-Apps project, which aims at producing cross-distribution and cross-desktop software.
Pix supports numerous image types including: BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, ICO and XPM; with optional support for RAW and HDR (high dynamic range) images. It is also able to view EXIF data attached to JPEG images.
Pix has its own set of image editing tools that enable you to make color, hue, saturation, lightness and contrast adjustments, as well as a number of advanced tools such as slide shows, converting image format and more.
- Image browsing
- Image viewing
- Support for various image types (BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, ICO, XPM)
- Image organizer
- Image editor (changing color, hue, saturation, lightness and contrast; scale, rotate and crop images, etc.)
- Advanced features (slide show, import images, create index image, convert image format, etc.)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pix.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.