This is the Windows app named Theia whose latest release can be downloaded as EclipseTheiav1.20.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Theia with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Eclipse Theia is an open source extensible platform for developing multi-language Cloud and Desktop IDEs with state-of-the-art web technologies. If you’re not sure if you need a web version or a desktop version or both, Theia is the best solution. It can develop one IDE for both browsers and native desktop applications from a single source.
Theia has a highly flexible architecture, allowing extenders and adopters to customize and extend every aspect of it. It supports VS code extensions, and is completely open source and vendor neutral.
- For both Cloud and Desktop IDEs
- Highly extensible
- Open source and vendor neutral
- Supports VS code extensions
- Integrated Terminal
- Flexible Layout
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/theia.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.