This is the Windows app named PlateEditor whose latest release can be downloaded as 20230722_Release.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PlateEditor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PlateEditor is a free web application to work with multi-well plates, from creation of layouts to data visualization and aggregation. It is primarily designed as a tool to help scientists working in the field of biology to simplify and fasten the process of data analysis. It is fully client-side: files are never transferred to the server, ensuring complete security and privacy of research data. It doesn't require any installation.
- PlateEditor is available at this address:
- The source code is also available on GitHub, visit:
More information about the source code and the API are available there (the wiki is still under construction, thanks for your patience!)
For a list of recent updates, visit:
Hoping PlateEditor will make your life easier in the lab! If yes, please cite us: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0252488
- Quick plate layout design, load and save
- Text, csv, xls and xlsx file streaming
- Heatmap visualization and data aggregation
Science/Research, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/plateeditor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.