This is the Windows app named Play Framework whose latest release can be downloaded as Play2.8.18.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Play Framework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Play Framework makes it easy to build web applications with Java & Scala. The Play Framework combines productivity and performance making it easy to build scalable web applications with Java and Scala. Play is developer friendly with a "just hit refresh" workflow and built-in testing support. With Play, applications scale predictably due to a stateless and non-blocking architecture. By being RESTful by default, including assets compilers, JSON & WebSocket support, Play is a perfect fit for modern web & mobile applications. Play is based on a lightweight, stateless, web-friendly architecture. Built on Akka, Play provides predictable and minimal resource consumption (CPU, memory, threads) for highly-scalable applications. Make your changes and simply hit refresh! All you need is a browser and a text editor. Underneath the covers Play uses a fully asynchronous model built on top of Akka.
- Play was built for needs of modern web & mobile apps
- The compiler and runtime (JVM) do the heavy lifting so that your apps run super-fast and keeps running under load
- The ecosystem around Java is huge, there are libraries for everything, most of which can be used in Play
- From startups to enterprises, Play powers some of the most innovative web sites
- Play is proven, reliable and scalable
- Built in testing tools, and IDE support for Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/play-framework.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.