This is the Windows app named PWGen whose latest release can be downloaded as PWGen-2.9.0-Setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PWGen with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DESCRIPTIONPWGen is a professional password generator capable of generating large amounts of cryptographically-secure passwords, pronounceable passwords, pattern-based passwords, and passphrases consisting of words from word lists. It uses a "random pool" technique based on strong cryptography to generate random data from indeterministic user inputs (keystrokes, mouse handling) and volatile system parameters. PWGen provides lots of options to customize passwords to the users' various needs. Additionally, it offers strong text encryption and the creation of random data files (e.g., key files).
- Free and open-source software
- Full Unicode support
- Uses up-to-date cryptography (AES, SHA-256)
- Numerous password options for various purposes
- "Password hasher" functionality (similar to "Hashapass")
- Generation of large amounts of passwords at once
- Generation of passphrases composed of words from word lists
- Generation of phonetic (pronounceable) passwords
- Pattern-based password generation
- Secure text encryption
- Multilingual support
- Unobtrusive, fully portable, runs on all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pwgen-win/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.