This is the Windows app named QuakeSpasm whose latest release can be downloaded as quakespasm-0.95.1_win64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named QuakeSpasm with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
QuakeSpasm is a *Nix friendly Quake Engine based on the SDL port of the popular FitzQuake. It includes some new features, important fixes, and aims for portability and 64 bit correctness.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, other unices.
- Well tested on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Well tested on both little endian and big endian platforms.
- OpenGL improvements. In-game resolution changing.
- Widescreen FOV (field of view) support and automatic Hor+ FOV scaling.
- Improved sound support. Support for OGG, MP3, Opus and WAV external music files.
- Improved game controller support using SDL2.
- Countless bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.
- Support for playing the 'Quake 2021 re-release' content
OpenGL, Project is a 3D engine, SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/quakespasm/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.