This is the Windows app named refbase - Web Reference Database whose latest release can be downloaded as refbase-0.9.6.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named refbase - Web Reference Database with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
refbase - Web Reference Database
refbase is a web-based bibliographic manager which can import and export references in various formats (including BibTeX, Endnote, MODS XML, and OpenOffice). It can make formatted lists of citations and offers powerful searching, rich metadata, and RSS.
- a clean and standardized interface that can be integrated in your existing website
- excellent compatibility with desktop clients, such as Zotero and EndNote
- import and export records to MODS XML, RIS, BibTeX, and others
- localization to tailor per-user language and per-institution design preferences
- search; including quick, simple, advanced as well as powerful SQL search options
- display lists in compact list, detailed records, citation, and for print
- search within results for refinement
- user-specific fields for personal keywords, notes, etc
- save any search query together with the current display settings
- automatic email announcements for newly added records
- dynamic RSS feeds for recently added/edited records matching custom queries
- link records to other records in the database (using static or dynamic links)
- a command line client that works with our open API for browserless interactions
- and more!
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/refbase/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.