This is the Windows app named RiteNote whose latest release can be downloaded as RiteNote.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RiteNote with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
RiteNote is completely free and is easy to use for college/university or high school class/lecture note-taking. By focusing on only this one purpose, the app gets out of your way. It's just you and your keyboard, with only the features you actually care about.
The entire UI is visible and can be easily navigated with Esc, arrowkeys, and Return.
Windows only, so far.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
RiteNote is open source, we don't expect to make a penny. But we also can't guarantee the software is glitch free, so make backups and save them in a separate folder. The .rite file format can be easily read as .html, in case you want to export your notes, or view them outside the app. Just change the file extension.
- Touchpad-free interface
- Proper tabbing for making charts
- Write in the margin
- Multi-page notebooks (infinite)
- Autosaves regularly, and on exit
- Some features in screenshots are incomplete
- Search Bar (Ctrl-F to open)
- Use at your own risk
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ritenote/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.