This is the Windows app named RS-232 Data Logger whose latest release can be downloaded as rs232_data_logger.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RS-232 Data Logger with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
RS-232 Data Logger
Allows you to redirect all communication data from RS232 compliant serial port device into a text file for further analysis. RS232 Data Logger redirects data from any available serial port/ports and works under Virtual Machine.
- redirect incoming data stream into a text file form any number of serial ports simultaneously
- source code is provided (MFC/C++ VC7.1) check the folder ... \Program Files\Eltima Software\RS232 Data Logger\src
- collect data from the real serial ports as well as from virtual ones
- works under Virtual Machines
- specify serial port connection parameters (baudrate, parity, stop bits, flow control, databits)
- real-time counter of the received and stored bytes
Advanced End Users, Developers
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rs232portlogger/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.