This is the Windows app named Rufus whose latest release can be downloaded as Rufus3.15.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Rufus with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Rufus is a standalone app designed to format and create a bootable USB drive for a large variety of ISOs. The app is just over 1MB in size and is notably faster than similar competitor apps such as the Windows 7 USB utility, Universal USB Installer, and UNetbootin.
Rufus can come in handy when you need to simply format a USB drive, install an OS on a machine that lacks a CD/DVD-ROM drive, or when you need to boot an operating system temporarily without intentions of actually installing the media. This can be immensely useful while you're on the go or just need access to an OS for a temporary, isolated reason. The app can even be used to flash firmware to BIOS or other destinations by just using DOS.
Even though Rufus is a tiny utility in comparison to other USB creation tools that can be rather bulky in size, it contends easily with the competition and creates bootable USB drives in record time!
- Bootable USB Drive (USB keys, pendrive, memory stick, etc)
- USB instillation media from bootable ISOs
- flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- low-level utility
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rufus.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.