This is the Windows app named rustlings whose latest release can be downloaded as Rustlings4.6.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named rustlings with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This project contains small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code. This includes reading and responding to compiler messages! Alternatively, for a first-time Rust learner, there are several other resources, like The Book, which is the most comprehensive resource for learning Rust, but a bit theoretical sometimes. You will be using this along with Rustlings! And also, Rust By Example, to learn Rust by solving little exercises! It's almost like rustlings, but online. You will need to have Rust installed. The exercises are sorted by topic and can be found in the subdirectory rustlings/exercises/<topic>. For every topic there is an additional README file with some resources to get you started on the topic. We really recommend that you have a look at them before you start. The task is simple. Most exercises contain an error that keeps them from compiling, and it's up to you to fix it! Some exercises are also run as tests, but rustlings handles them all the same.
- Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code
- Shows you how to read and respond to compiler messages
- Requires to have Rust installed
- The exercises are sorted by topic
- For every topic there is an additional file with resources
- Some exercises are also run as tests
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rustlings.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.