This is the Windows app named Sanspam whose latest release can be downloaded as sanspam-0.1.8.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sanspam with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Sanspam is an interactive tool to allow you to easily scan your e-mail Inbox and delete any messages you don't want. In addition to this, you can bounce back an error message to the sender, which may dissuade spammers from reusing your e-mail address. Sanspam is inspired by Save My Modem by Enrico Tasso and SpamX by Emmanual Vasilakis, which are two simple, easy to set up tools that I used to use, but aren't maintained any more and require too much work to justify update.
Sanspam supports POP and IMAP accounts, and also supports SSL for secure connections.
This is more suited to those who use e-mail clients and prefer to download messages to their computer, but also prefer not to allow spam, or potentially harmful messages to be downloaded at all. Instead of running a risk having it downloaded by the e-mail client, Sanspam allows you to delete it on the server, without being exposed to any attachments or e-mail content.
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sanspam/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.