This is the Windows app named Savvy DOCX Recovery whose latest release can be downloaded as savvy_docx_recovery_version_3.0_source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Savvy DOCX Recovery with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Savvy DOCX Recovery
XML was designed from the beginning to be intolerant of errors. This decision adversely affects MS Word's corruption recovery. With one error in the document.xml subfile where all the DOCX file's text is stored, instead of a partial recovery, Word will stop and throw an error.
Savvy DOCX Recovery attempts to do precise surgery on corrupt Word documents to reorder or excise bad XML tags.
If this doesn't work, it uses the command line app xmllint first to attempt to repair corrupt XML subfiles of the DOCX. If this doesn't work a second attempt is made where the corrupt XML subfiles are truncated at the first error, and the correct ending tags are again added with xmllint.
If all else fails, SilverCoder's DocToText is used to extract text.
Try also http://wordcorruptdocchecker.codeplex.com/ and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528942 and my other SF projects: Corrupt Extractor for Microsoft Office, Corrupt DOCX Salvager, S2 Recovery Tools for Microsoft Word.
- Recovers some DOCX files that Word will not open.
- Automatically iterates through four methods for recovering the document.
- Simple GUI interface.
Non-Profit Organizations, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Religion, End Users/Desktop
Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/quickwordrecovr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.