This is the Windows app named SeaweedFS whose latest release can be downloaded as 2.69.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SeaweedFS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SeaweedFS is a distributed storage system for blobs, objects, files, and data lake, to store and serve billions of files fast! Blob store has O(1) disk seek, local tiering, cloud tiering. Filer supports cross-cluster active-active replication, Kubernetes, POSIX, S3 API, encryption, Erasure Coding for warm storage, FUSE mount, Hadoop, WebDAV. SeaweedFS is an independent Apache-licensed open source project with its ongoing development made possible because of the community. SeaweedFS is a simple and highly scalable distributed file system. There are two objectives, to store billions of files, and to serve the files fast! SeaweedFS started as an Object Store to handle small files efficiently. Instead of managing all file metadata in a central master, the central master only manages volumes on volume servers, and these volume servers manage files and their metadata.
- SeaweedFS can transparently integrate with the cloud
- With hot data on local cluster, and warm data on the cloud with O(1) access time, SeaweedFS can achieve both fast local access time and elastic cloud storage capacity
- Faster and Cheaper than direct cloud storage!
- There is only 40 bytes of disk storage overhead for each file's metadata
- On top of the object store, optional Filer can support directories and POSIX attributes
- For any distributed key value stores, the large values can be offloaded to SeaweedFS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/seaweedfs.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.