This is the Windows app named SeqSelector whose latest release can be downloaded as SeqSelector1.1b.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SeqSelector with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The SeqSelector toolset is a suite of user-friendly, platform independent python scripts to facilitate selection of sequences for targeted enrichment of next-generation libraries through hybridization-based sequence capture. The scripts require no knowledge of programming, and can be applied to genome sequences of model or non-model species. We suggest a workflow in which genes of interest are first identified from previous studies and publicly available datasets of functional gene annotation. Once a list of candidate genes has been identified, their sequences are selected from the reference genome. These sequences are used as a query during a BLAST search of the unannotated genome of a non-model species, and then the corresponding sequences are returned, which can be used to design baits for hybridization-based sequence capture.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/seqselector/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.