This is the Windows app named SILENT whose latest release can be downloaded as SILENT_1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SILENT with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SILENT is a Scratch modification that interfaces with LEGO MINDSTORM NXT 2.0 robot.
It's based on Scratch 1.4.2, developed in JAVA, Squeak and Bash scripting.
It's supported by Linux and Windows XP/7, in which it was tested. It required JAVA>=6.
Easy to setup and easy to learn!
Please leave your review to help me to improve it!
- allows to obtain a simple and intuitive programs to control robots LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT;
- provides blocks of flow control, variables, arrays, operators, motor control, use of sensors, printing on display and production of sounds;
- independently manages the compilation and download of the LEGO brick;
- supports the USB connection with the brick;
- thanks to Java and Squeak is cross OS: Supports Linux and Windows. It 'has been successfully tested on Ubuntu, Windows XP and Windows 7
- allows you to work without plugging in a device NXT, it is in fact required the presence only if you choose to download the code
- allows you to organize the program in task;
- allows you to create multiple programs at once, using different sprite will be produced NXC different source files, each independent of the other. It will then be up to the user to choose which start on the robot.
Project is a user interface (UI) system
Smalltalk, Java, Project is a programming language
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/silentprj/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.