This is the Windows app named SimThyr whose latest release can be downloaded as SimThyr_4_0_6_Win_64bit.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SimThyr with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SimThyr is a continuous simulation program for the human pituitary-thyroid feedback control system. Applications of this program cover research, including development of hypotheses, and education of students in biology and medicine, nurses and patients.
- More than 25 years of continued development
- Powerful and easy-to-use GUI
- Based on a published parametrically isomorphic model of thyroid homeostasis, calibrated with physiological data
- Extensive charting support
- Multithreading for optimised utilisation of available processor cores
- Export of simulation results in various formats for easy evaluation in statistics packages
- Support for saving and reading parameter sets and sub-models as scenarios.
- One-way and two-way sensitivity analysis
- Covered in multiple publications cited by PubMed and Web of Science
- Curated by SciScrunch, OpenAIRE and Zenodo
- Cross-platform for Mac OS Classic, macOS (Mac OS X), Windows and Linux
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions available
- DOI 10.5281/zenodo.1303822 https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1303822
Healthcare Industry, Science/Research, Education, Advanced End Users
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), KDE, Cocoa (MacOS X), GTK+, Quartz, Carbon (Mac OS X)
Pascal, Object Pascal, Lazarus, Free Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/simthyr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.