This is the Windows app named simutrans whose latest release can be downloaded as simutrans-online-install.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named simutrans with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Simutrans is a cross-platform simulation game where players try to successfully manage transportation systems between places by land, air, and water for passengers, mail, and goods. Planes, ships, trains, trams, trucks, buses, or monorails are at your disposal, but factories operate based on contracts and passengers can only travel to their set destinations.
- intelligent routing of vehicles, passenger, mail and freight
- customisable engine with many different graphics
- very flexible fine tuning of the economy by simple config files
- network gaming for up to 14 player together
- you set your goal: suitable for anybody (even used for teaching)
- many languages available, many platforms
- easy to add new graphics oneself
Framebuffer, Win32 (MS Windows), SDL, Allegro
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.