This is the Windows app named sitecheck whose latest release can be downloaded as sitecheck-1.7.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named sitecheck with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
More than just a link checker, sitecheck is a website spider (also known as a crawler) which can assist with SEO by testing an entire site plus both inbound links from search engines and outbound links to other sites for the following issues: looping redirects (HTTP 301/302), broken links (HTTP 404), server errors (HTTP 500), spelling mistakes, low readability scores (using the Flesch Reading Ease test), missing/empty/duplicate meta tags, duplicate content, slow page speed, W3C validation errors and accessibility errors.
Sitecheck can also spot some common causes of PCI compliance failure such as insecure content on secure pages, SQL injection/cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities, insecure encryption ciphers and open mail relays. Sources of information leakage such as email addresses and IP addresses in the headers or the page will be logged. Includes a separate module called domaincheck which checks the domain expiry date, SSL certificate expiry date and SPF records.
- Authentication by HTTP form submission
- Suspend and resume
- Download and save a site
- Highly configurable with support for multiple profiles
- Modular processing of responses
- HTML or plain text logging
- Tests inbound links from search engines and outbound links
- Markup validation (W3C)
- Accessibility (WCAG)
- SQL injection and cross-site scripting (XSS) detection
- Spelling check with custom dictionary and readability score
- Checks for duplicate content (for SEO purposes)
- Checks domain expiry date
- Checks SSL certificate expiry date
- Checks for insecure content referenced from secure pages
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sitecheck/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.