This is the Windows app named SixelViewer whose latest release can be downloaded as SixelView_install_124.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SixelViewer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
View Sixel formatted images on a Windows platform without needing a DEC VT emulator. Convert Sixel formatted images into BMP format. Save as BMP and print Sixel image capability. Supports both RGB and HLS formatted Sixel images with up to the full 256 color specification. Supports up to and including Windows 10. Included are many new and old and free Sixel images.
If you have sixel images you would like to contribute e-mail me.
Version 1.2.4 released 09/12/2021 adds command line file name input to allow file association
- Standalone Windows Sixel format image Viewer
- Supports most Sixel features, HLS and RGB Palettes
- Print your Sixel Images, copy to clipboard features
- Convert your Sixel pictures into BMP pictures
- C version 1.2.4 and a VB 1.0.0 version available
- Includes many sample Sixel images such as those shown below
- Associate sixel files with SixelViewer and then double click on the sixel file to open and display
End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sixelviewer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.