This is the Windows app named Snack: Learning Software for Nutrition whose latest release can be downloaded as Snack2-0.518.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Snack: Learning Software for Nutrition with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Snack: Learning Software for Nutrition
DESCRIPTIONSnack is a meal design tool and calculator that will facilitate achieving your health goals and objectives by first helping you understand your food intake and second by allowing you to create new food combinations.
The way to solve a Snack mix problem is to:
1) Pick your food items
2) Specify constraints
Snack will find lowest calorie food combination.
Constraints are used to specify how much of a nutrient should be in your mix or to specify how much each food item should contribute to the mix.
✓Talk to a doctor or registered dietitian before making changes to a diet.
✓ Follow the recommended dietary guidelines prepared by medical and nutrition organizations
- Find lowest calorie food combination
- Quantify food intake
- Prepare customized meals that meet specific requirements
- Quantify any popular diet for comparison and research purposes
- Facilitate learning/teaching anyone with interest in nutrition
- Track any nutrient, compound or value that has an impact on health
- Create food exchange lists
- Compare food intake options
- Keep a food journal and track progress
- Calculate food quotient (FQ)
- Is free and open source software
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/snackmix/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.