This is the Windows app named softChord lyrics editor whose latest release can be downloaded as softChord0.9-win.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named softChord lyrics editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
softChord lyrics editor
Radical approach to storing and editing song lyrics with chords. Renders text in any font, use different size or style for the chord symbols. Easily transpose songs, and export to PDF. Never go back with aligning chords with spaces again!
Source code is hosted here:
- Lyric and chord editor with simple interface
- Stores lyrics and chords for multiple songs in each songbook file
- Chords are automatically moved when lyrics are modified
- Use any font or size for lyrics and chord symbols
- Easily move, edit, or copy chords in a song
- Easily transpose songs to different keys
- Export to PDF
- Import from TEXT format (chords are automatically aligned)
- Export to TEXT format (chords are automatically aligned)
- Can import and export the popular ChordPro format
- Full support for Unicode (UTF-8), allowing lyrics in any language
- Song search feature
- Written in Python using Qt framework
- Free and open source
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/softchord/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.